Impersonation & Misrepresentation of Identity
Apr 14, 2022
In line with our commitment to authenticity, we don't allow people to misrepresent themselves on Facebook, use fake accounts, artificially boost the popularity of content or engage in behaviours designed to enable other violations under our Community Standards. This policy is intended to protect the security of user accounts and our services, and create a space where people can trust the people and communities they interact with.
• Use multiple Facebook accounts or share accounts between multiple people
• Misuse Facebook or Instagram reporting systems to harass others
• Conceal a Page's purpose by misleading users about the ownership or control of that Page
• Engage in, or claim to engage in, inauthentic behaviour, which is defined as the use of Facebook or Instagram assets (accounts, pages, groups or events), to mislead people or Facebook:
• about the identity, purpose or origin of the entity that they represent
• about the popularity of Facebook or Instagram content or assets
• about the purpose of an audience or community
• about the source or origin of content
• to evade enforcement under our Community Standards
• Engage in, or claim to engage in, coordinated inauthentic behaviour, defined as the use of multiple Facebook or Instagram assets, working in concert to engage in inauthentic behaviour (as defined above), where the use of fake accounts is central to the operation
• Engage in, or claim to engage in, foreign or government interference, which is coordinated inauthentic behaviour conducted on behalf of a foreign or government actor.