Prohibited Products and Services
Medical Content & Topics
Apr 13, 2022
Products and services that cannot be promoted
• Aerosol paint.
• Airsoft/BB guns, paintball guns.
• Alcohol recovery or hangover cures or treatments.
• Anti-radiation products (including electromagnetic field protection and radiation neutralizing or shielding products).
• Bows and arrows, slingshots, and other projectile weapons.
• Coupon sites.
• Escort services, adult dating, sex toys and merchandise.
• Etching creams.
• Fat burners and fat blockers.
• Fertility clinics and research.
• Free non-Kindle ebooks (except on Seller Central).
• Get-rich-quick and pyramid schemes.
• Handgun safety certificates.
• Illicit and recreational drugs, drug paraphernalia, drug testing equipment, or products to beat drug tests.
• Illegal or sensitive pharmaceutical products and services.
• Oils, supplements, or ingestibles that are derived from or contain hemp, cannabidiol (CBD), THC, or otherwise related to cannabis.
• Medical procedures and research.
• Tobacco or tobacco-related products, including e-cigarettes.
• Knives (except for kitchen knives, cutlery, and general multi-purpose camping knives).
• NL: Knives and other bladed objects are prohibited except for kitchen knives, cutlery or silverware.
• Lethal and non-lethal weapon sales, including guns, gun parts, kits, mace, black powder, and ammunition.
• Loyalty/affinity/rewards and related content.
• Malware, scareware, or spyware.
• Online pharmacies.
• Pre-natal gender selection and determination test products and services.
• Premium pay-per-call services, such as 900 numbers in the US.
• Products, services, technology, or website content that i) infringes, encourages or enables the infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others, or ii) promotes any illegal or dangerous activity, including false document services, counterfeit designer goods, cable descramblers, fireworks, or websites that promote hacking or evading law enforcement.
• Psychics and related content.
• Products that are ineligible for sale or do not comply with Amazon’s Category, Product, and Listing Restrictions.
• Religious or spiritual services.
• CH, DE, DK, FI, FR, NL, NO, and SE: Content that promotes Scientology or Dianetics (e.g. books published by L Ron Hubbard).
• Shock collars (including pet training collars with any type of shock function) and pinch or choke collars.
• Short-term high-interest loans with a repayment period under 12 months and an APR of more than 50% (or 25% in Denmark).
• Any spy cam and/or voice bug disguised as an everyday item that is capable of transmitting video/audio via WIFI/GRMS/IP/GSM/Bluetooth to someone else, without the person knowing they are being recorded (Germany only).
• Tattooing and body branding products and services.
• Testosterone boosters.
• Ticket resellers (Australia and New Zealand only).
• UV tanning services and equipment.