Policy Lead, Trust And Safety
New York, NY
Mar 9, 2022
• + Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• + 4 years of experience in Planning, Policy Analysis, Policy Development, Project Management, or Process Improvement and law public policy or law in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
• + Experience working with one of the following: internet technologies, related policy and regulatory environments and challenges affecting the internet, free expression, online safety, and content moderation
• + Experience working with, influencing, and negotiating with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
• + Experience using data and technology to identify and solve complex business challenges or experience diagnosing operational pain points and leading efforts to reduce these issues
• + Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex challenges into simple and clear language
• At Google we work hard to earn our users' trust every day.
• Trust & Safety is Google's team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place.
• We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking.
• A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google's products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
• + Analyze policy and legal challenges facing technology platforms and make recommendations on how Google should address them.
• + Develop, launch, and enforce scalable policies and processes for assessing and operationalizing regulatory requirements across regions and product areas.
• + Serve as a strategic advisor and liaison to cross-functional stakeholders, including Legal, Public Policy, Trust and Safety, and Engineering.
• + Engage and communicate with users, governments, and other internal and external stakeholders on policy issues, and resolve high-profile policy escalations to ensure legal policy analysis and recommendations considering all teams perspectives.
• + Ability to review or to be exposed to sensitive content (e.g., hate speech, violent extremism, nudity, etc.)
• And occasionally work off-hours coverage rotations.
• Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
• We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
• We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
• See also Google's EEO Policy ( and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form (.