Lead Counsel - Integrity Legal
New York, NY
Mar 8, 2022
• The Integrity Legal team s mission is to help protect people and our platforms against negative experiences, online and offline, caused by misuse or abuse of our products.
• We are looking for a skilled and motivated lawyer to join us in partnering with teams across the company to help sustain Meta s role as the industry leader in Internet trust and safety across a range of problem areas.
• We are specifically looking for a candidate with experience operating among and collaborating with broad sets of stakeholders to define strategy, share information, and drive continuous improvement.
• More broadly, the chosen candidate will work across diverse and interdisciplinary teams of engineers, program managers, lawyers, and policy-makers driven to foster even safer and more positive experiences with Meta s products and platforms.
• Lead Counsel - Integrity Legal ResponsibilitiesPartner and collaborate with product teams, global operations teams, regional teams, and other lawyers to identify risks to trust and safety on our platforms, develop integrity enforcement and other integrity risk mitigation strategies, and help execute on the company s existing integrity frameworks and safeguards.
• Partner and collaborate with policy teams, law enforcement teams, safety teams, and other lawyers to develop and implement policies that mitigate integrity risks in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements around the globe and that respond to other integrity-related legal demands.
• Provide thought leadership to the company, with a focus on continuous improvement of Meta s integrity risk mitigation strategies, particularly with respect to global legal developments and industry best practices in the field of social technology trust and safety.
• Develop and implement programs and frameworks to foster and support east-west and north-south information sharing on integrity topics.
• Develop and deliver training, internal posts, and other programs to improve understanding of integrity risks, operations, and partnerships at all levels of the company.
• When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect.
• Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world.
• Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
• People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
• Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
• If you need support, please reach out to
• Associated topics: attorney corporate, business, compliance, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, lawyer, legal affairs, legal department