top of page
Applied Scientist, Abuse Detection, Device and Services Trust and Safety
Jun 13, 2022
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• 4+ years of coding with at least one of the following: Java/Android, C++, Python, Scala, Rust or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, or similar scripting language
• Track record of peer reviewed academic publications.
• Experience with information security, threat detection or related domain
• 1+ years of working knowledge of Apache Spark and Scala
• Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with both research and technical teams.
• Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
• Expertise on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian Non-Parametric methods.
• Strong Experience in Structured Prediction and Dimensionality Reduction.
• Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting
• Domain experience with threat detection techniques
• Track record of developing novel algorithms to help detect stealthy zero-day attacks
• Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Able to work in a diverse team
bottom of page