Account Security Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Mar 11, 2022
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 3 years of experience in deriving actionable insights, root-causes, and intelligence from data sources.
• Experience in SQL and additional scripting/programming language (e.g. Python).
• Master's or PhD in a technical field (e.g., computer science, engineering, math, physics).
• Experience with data collection/transformation workflows and database design.
• Knowledge in security, malware, network engineering, or identity related topics.
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) and the ability to influence cross-functionally at various levels.
• About the jobThe Trust and Safety Account Security team focuses on keeping threats out of Google Accounts.
• You will solve complex problems and have strong analytical and technical skills.
• You will also work closely with Engineering Teams and Product Teams to make sure that new products and features provide a safe experience for users.
• At Google we work hard to earn our users' trust every day.
• Trust & Safety is Google's team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place.
• We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking.
• A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google's products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
• Perform in-depth data analysis and look for patterns and trends to identify potential new security issues, understand attack vectors and build detection systems.
• Use data to perform root-cause analyses on detected abusive incidents.
• Transform data into intelligence to prevent, detect, and mitigate abuse.
• Design, develop, and maintain reliable data-processing infrastructure, metrics, and dashboards.
• Evaluate impact and quality of new signals on various account-related products across Google.